Wednesday 29 April 2009

Uncle Remus

Here are some representations of Uncle Remus. A character from the traditional African American Folklore stories as told by Joel Chandler Harris from Atlanta, Georgia (1845-1908). The tales include the trickster Br'ere Rabbit and Uncle Remus depicted as the story-teller as well as Br'ere Fox and Br'ere Wolf. I've been trying to find out as much as possible about him all morning as well as how he is represented artistically.


The only thing I can't grasp is why there is so much drama surrounding racism in regard to the tales! Pah I can't get my head around it. All I know is i've been told these tales since I was very small and I never ever associated them with racism.



So as not to offend anybody I got really stuck on what to write. Except Uncle Remus is really cool....





No comments: